Smiles for Adults
Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists reports that 25% of orthodontic patients are adults over the age of 21, who are choosing to improve their appearance and take action to keep their smiles healthy.
Our team recognizes that adults and children have different capacities and concerns. We truly enjoy the variety of people we are priviledged to connect with and care for. Dr LeMert and the entire LO Smile Team are intentionallly trained and educated to give you the highest level of orthodontic care. We look forward to knowing you and being part of your amazing smile story!
Orthodontics is an exciting journey at any age, but especially for adults who recognize the significance of the changes they are undergoing and the reasons they are needed.
- Malocclusion, which causes teeth to fit together incorrectly and wear unevenly.
- Crowded or crooked teeth, which are difficult to clean, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease.
- Pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth and malaligned bites.
- In preparation for restorative dental work such as implants or veneers.
- Incomplete treatment as a teen or nonretained, moving teeth.
- Desire for a more beautiful, confident smile!
Today's orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
- Clear braces with clear o-ties.
- Traditional metal braces with classy silver or black o-ties.
- Custom, fun, team or seasonal colored o-ties with either clear or metal braces.
Differences Between Treatment for Adults & Children:
The main difference in receiving orthodontic treatment as an adult, is that jaw growth has ceased and cannot be directed to correct your bite, so other options are necessary. There may also be factors resulting from years of chewing with misalignment. Dr. LeMert carefully evaluates your smile, including your bone levels, gum tissue, tooth positions, root health, jaws and facial structure to develop the best treatment plan for you.
Your smile is a YOUnique gift to the world! To learn more about your smile potential and the benefits of adult orthodontics, please contact our office to schedule a complimentary consultation. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each visit is as convenient, efficient and effective as possible.